(Last updated June 25, 2012)
TaskEasy is strongly committed to safeguarding customer and contractor privacy and protecting the personal and business information you provide to us.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
As part of our normal business operation, we collect information about our customers and our contractors through a variety of methods:
- Task Information Provided by Customers: In order for customers to buy Tasks, we need to collect standard information about the location and scope of the work so we are able to accurately price and describe the Task for contractors. This information is shared with the contractor(s) assigned to the Task per our Quality Assurance Policy for the period during which they need the information to complete the Task for you. This information is retained by TaskEasy as part of your account to simplify ordering of future Tasks for the same property; however, we do not share Task or Property information with anyone who is not directly involved in performing the Task. Contractors retain access to information relating to recurring Tasks so long as you continue to be satisfied with their performance.
- Payment Information Provided by Customers: For customers to pay for Tasks we need to collect credit card and/or bank account information to process a payment. Protecting customer financial information is our highest priority and we work closely with our credit card processor, credit authorization gateway manager, the various credit card companies, our commercial bank, and various compliance agencies and regulatory authorities to ensure that all of our payment processes meet the highest standards of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) consortium. Payment information is retained under high security encryption by TaskEasy as part of your account in order to facilitate ordering of future Tasks but is not shared with any entity or any person outside the payment process. Contractors never have access to your payment information.
- Business Information Provided By Contractors: In order for us to be able to assign Tasks to contractors and to pay them once a Task is complete per our Quality Assurance policy, we need to collect standard vetting, business, and bank account information from contractors. As with a customer's Task and payment information, contractor information is retained as part of your contractor account under the highest security protocols. We do not share this information with any entity or person outside of the normal disclosure to customers when you are assigned to one of their Tasks and to payment processors in order top pay you for completed Tasks. We may also disclose contact information to third parties when necessary in the course of the standard vetting practice we undertake to assure your status as a qualified contractor. We do not share any of your business information with potential competitors except in aggregate summaries of the market in which you and your competitors operate, which market intelligence is available to all contractors who participate in TaskEasy.
- "Cookie” Information: We collect and store certain types of information when a customer or contractor interacts with us by using "cookies" and logs - software tools which obtain certain types of information whenever your Web browser accesses TaskEasy.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of TaskEasy.com. This information helps us improve your user experience and ensures that we are able to provide you with the best service possible.
- Mobile Applications: When you download or use the TaskEasy smart phone or other mobile device applications as a customer or contractor, we may collect information about your location, your mobile device, and other Task related factors, in order to assure Task quality. In particular, mobile information collected from contractors is critical for us to be able to provide customers with the ability to audit performance of each Task. We may also use mobile information to improve customer user experience.
- E-mail Communications: We rely extensively on e-mail to communicate with customers and contractors and to relay communication between them. Many of our standard e-mail notifications include links to specific functions on our website that are part of our Task execution and payment process. We consider Information collected by these links to be direct, actionable instructions from customers and contractors and therefore we retain this information as part of our Task audit trail under our Quality Assurance Policy. You can manage your e-mail notification preferences here.
All information we collect is protected at the highest industry standard for cyber security. We encrypt all information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software during transmission. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order and only in e-mail communications to customers. Contractors never receive customer payment information.
Your password is the key to your customer or contractor account and it is your responsibility to protect it. Do not disclose it to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you must notify TaskEasy and change your password immediately.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE COLLECTED INFORMATION
We have developed strict guidelines on how we use and share customer and contractor information. These guideline include the following key precepts.
- Marketing: We do not sell or share any information we collect from customers or contractors to third party marketing or other entities. TaskEasy does use information provided by customers and contractors to market and sell Tasks and to enhance user experience as appropriate.
- Affiliated Businesses: We work closely with several affiliated businesses we do not control as part of our contractor vetting and insurance processes, and other business protocols. We will always indicate when we share information with a third party as part of these processes and protocols.
- Contractors: Per our corporate policy, TaskEasy contractors are not employees of our company and are not under our direct control. They have access to the relevant information needed to perform their Tasks.